ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a chance to join a cutting-edge trailblazing studio, working with fast-paced emerging technologies and to be part of the digital ownership revolution.
Reality Gaming Group (RGG) is a developer and publisher of new gaming experiences and collectibles that utilise NFT and blockchain technologies at their core.
RGG is looking for passionate Programmers to join the team and help deliver ground-breaking games to millions of players around the world. The successful candidates will assist RGG in releasing ‘Doctor Who: Worlds Apart’, a new CCG where players have true ownership of their personal game content.
This is an exciting time to join RGG, who have been paving the way for NFT utilising games since 2017.
- Collaborate with other programmers, artists and designers to implement gameplay, meta-systems and user interface elements to specification, schedule, business needs and quality standards
- Liaise with Quality Assurance to investigate and fix technical issues and bugs
- Work with Production to identify/track development risks and issues, providing mitigations and solutions
- Take ownership of entire features and components of the game lifecycle and lead the product design and code elements
- Be part of the development process and contribute improvements and suggestions, driving the quality of the code throughout the entire production cycle
- Participate in peer reviews to help ensure the stability and quality of code merges
- Bring meaningful contributions to our product and the entire team
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications and games
- Identify process and application bottlenecks and implement solutions in a timely manner
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years experience in the Games Industry
- Shipped at least 1 title in either an entry, experienced or senior programming position
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or the equivalent in experience
- Strong C# object-oriented programming and scripting language skills
- Strong 3D Maths skills
- Experience working with game assets (meshes, animations, materials etc)
- Experience in working with both client and backend server technologies would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent debugging and optimisation skills
- Enjoy working with people and helping to find solutions to issues collaboratively
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a keen eye for detail
- Be able to convey complex subjects of game development in a way that non studio staff can digest and understand
- Support and understand free-to-play and play-to-earn business models
- Remain cool, calm and collected when faced with issues
- Embrace and help others to embrace positive changes in the development process
- BE PASSIONATE ABOUT GAMES
- Experience profiling and optimizing game and render performance (GPU and CPU)
- Understanding UX design process and experience working with UX design team and/or development team
- Free-to-play or play-to-earn game experience
- Enjoy a wide spectrum of games covering many genres
- Be interested in blockchain technologies such as NFTs, yield farming or defi protocols
- Experience developing on iOS & Android as well as desktop applications and web-based games
The health and safety of our employees is extremely important to us, we are currently operating in a remote working model, however, our London office remains open for flexible use, and we are considering a central UK studio premises in the near future. We understand each person’s circumstances are unique and we will work with you to consider the best way for you to join RGG.
To apply for this position please send your CV with the position applied and current and expected salary to [email protected] or click below. Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for recruitment purposes. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Information of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed after six months.