Lead Web Designer
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking for an experienced Web Designer to lead the design team for the new Creative and Web Services Department within the company. You will be energetic, bursting with creativity and ready to lead a team into the next era of the company’s development.
The Lead Web Designer role is vital to the production and delivery of all our websites within the business. You will work closely with a variety of other channel experts to help deliver fantastic websites and user experiences across a variety of media channels. You will lead the design team, provide inspiration, direction and career progression.
You will have an outstanding portfolio that demonstrates their experience creating concepts and assets as a Lead Web Designer, along with creating customer journeys and user interface layouts that engage a user or website visitor.
Proven abilities covering the following points are desirable:
• Excellent Adobe skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, XD and InDesign.
• A great understanding of HTML & CSS.
• Experience working within and supporting a creative team.
• Experience working alongside Front-end/Back-end Developers.
• A design flair that helps us to exceed our stakeholders’ expectations.
• Ability to rapidly prototype for discussion.
• Ability to produce high end finished digital assets at scale
• Experience within a User Experience, User Interface and/or Product Design position is essential.
• Knowledge in creating wireframes, visual mock-ups graphics, user workflows, and low and high-fidelity prototypes
• Proficient in presenting designs/ ideas to stakeholders.
• Time management.
• Quality control for studio output
On a day-to-day basis, this requires:
You will work closely with other designers and will be required to conceptualise, design prototypes and improve current user experiences across our websites and other digital channels.
You will collaborate with the development, marketing and other stake holders to define and implement innovative designs for our websites and other digital mediums.
You will provide direction, strong visuals and great user experience for all our brands/ products.
You will work on short term and long-term project goals, giving you flexibility and variety in work.
You will work alongside other designers to ensure a high quality and consistency of work output.
• Work closely with the Creative and Web Services Manager in strategising and designing user interfaces for new and existing product developments.
• Continuously improve user experience.
• Identify opportunities to improve our workflow.
• At least 4 years’ experience of Photoshop, Illustrator and the Adobe Suite.
• The ability to generate concepts and ideas for a variety of different creative mediums.
• You will work with Designers & Developers to ensure a high quality and consistency of work output
• Work with clients to understand their requirements and keep them updated on progress.
• Present design ideas to clients.
• Produce sample page layouts, known as ‘wireframing’.
• Receive feedback from clients about draft sites and make any necessary adjustments.
• Design the physical imagery, graphics and animations of new websites.
• Test new websites to ensure everything is looking and working as expected.