Experienced Level Designer
What is your role purpose:
Reality+ is looking for a talented Experienced Level Designer to join our ‘Sandbox Development Team’ and help deliver exciting first party and world class external IP experiences to the popular voxel-based metaverse – The Sandbox. We have 2 very high-profile licenses to deliver Sandbox content for, one includes over 25 IPs from one of the world’s most established broadcasting networks. Ideally, the candidate will have a passion for voxel-based games.
Who will you be working for:
Reality+ is a full-service Web3 platform that enables brands around the world to utilise blockchain technology to engage their most loyal fans and unlock whole new revenue streams in this new and dynamic market.
With the benefit of a UK based, in-house development studio and five years’ experience creating engaging blockchain experiences, we help worldwide brands and franchises like BBC Studios (Doctor Who) and ITV (Thunderbirds) to develop a bespoke go-to-market blockchain strategy.
Backed up with a powerful technology platform and world-leading expertise in all aspects of Web 3.0, including tokenisation, metaverse integration and construction, NFT marketplace creation and much more.
What are your responsibilities:
- Take ownership of levels from inception through to game release, striving for quality and innovation while adhering to the core vision of the game
- Review and feedback on level design and implementation with the team
- Collaborate with cross discipline teams to create exciting, innovative, and engaging levels
- Understand the role of pacing, narrative, theme, and mechanics in creating compelling gameplay experiences
- Realize the high-level vision of your levels through all stages of development from initial block out through to final shipped product
- Plan, execute and refine your levels from high-level concept to low-level scripting
- Use player feedback and design direction to hone the gameplay experience
- Review, tweak, and balance gameplay to deliver a AAA quality experience no matter the platform
- Troubleshoot design issues from a creative standpoint
What skills/experience should you have?
- Show an ability to weave narrative and artistic themes with gameplay mechanics to build engaging levels
- Be able to propose creative solutions to complex design problems and importantly “bring the team with you”
- A proven ability to breakdown high-level design goals into individual components
- An excellent understanding of past and current game trends
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of content creation driven game platforms (Sandbox/Minecraft/Roblox)
- 2+ years experience in the Games Industry
- 1 or more shipped titles in a Junior or Experienced Level Designer
What can we offer you?
- Attractive base salary
- 25 days holiday
- Hybrid home/office working pattern
- Attractive benefits
Reality+ is committed to equal opportunities and we encourage a broad diversity of talent to apply for our roles.