Lead Game Designer
What is your role purpose:
Reality+ is looking for a passionate and experienced Lead Game Designer, who can manage game design and content planning from inception to release. Working with all disciplines across the Studio, this is a chance to lead by example in a product first development environment.
Who will you be working for:
Reality+ is a full-service Web 3.0 platform that enables brands around the world to utilise blockchain technology to engage their most loyal fans and unlock whole new revenue streams in this new and dynamic market.
With the benefit of a UK based, in-house development studio and five years’ experience creating engaging blockchain experiences, we help worldwide brands and franchises like BBC Studios (Doctor Who) and ITV (Thunderbirds) to develop a bespoke go-to-market blockchain strategy.
Backed up with a powerful technology platform and world-leading expertise in all aspects of Web 3.0, including tokenisation, metaverse integration and construction, NFT marketplace creation and much more.
What are your responsibilities:
- Define, maintain, and communicate the creative vision for the project to ensure a best-in-class player experience
- Develop strong relationships with Art, Engineering, Product, and other departments to make that vision a reality
- Partner with Production, Product Management, and Business Intelligence to ensure proper positioning of the product, and inform the vision with analytics and data
- Define and drive problem-solving culture both on your design team and for the team at large
- Communicate and evangelize the vision for the game upward to executive stakeholders, outward to external partners and inwards to the team
- Guide development of features and systems to drive increased KPIs
- Ensure design cohesion and best practices across the team, and communicate them via documentation, presentations, and mentoring
- Review and provide feedback on systems, features, and content designs and provide guidance to other leaders and designers
- Strong knowledge of the competitive landscape to ensure the team is developing a game that matches evolving player expectations and innovations
- Mentor and guide the design team on their respective career trajectories
- Impart your experience and methods to the team, and leverage their strengths and backgrounds to build a versatile team capable of tackling any challenge
What skills/experience should you have?
- An experienced Design Lead with multiple shipped games under your belt
- Experience with games-as-a-service design methodologies and building a living game for a large community of players
- A track record of implementing and improving design systems, workflows, and processes
- An effortless communicator, visually and verbally
- 2+ Years experience in the games industry
- Shipped multiple titles in a Senior or Lead Game Designer role
What can we offer you?
- Attractive base salary
- 25 days holiday
- Hybrid home/office working pattern
- Attractive benefits
Reality+ is committed to equal opportunities and we encourage a broad diversity of talent to apply for our roles.
To apply for this position please send your CV with the position applied and current and expected salary to [email protected] or click below. Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you.