Lead Games Programmer
What is your role purpose:
Reality+ is looking for a passionate Lead Games Programmer to join the team and help deliver ground-breaking games to millions of players around the world. The successful candidate will assist Reality+ in releasing ‘Doctor Who: Worlds Apart’, a new CCG where players have true ownership of their personal game content. This is an exciting time to join Reality+ who have been paving the way for NFT utilising games since 2017.
Who will you be working for:
Reality+ is a full-service Web 3.0 platform that enables brands around the world to utilise blockchain technology to engage their most loyal fans and unlock whole new revenue streams in this new and dynamic market.
With the benefit of a UK based, in-house development studio and five years’ experience creating engaging blockchain experiences, we help worldwide brands and franchises like BBC Studios (Doctor Who) and ITV (Thunderbirds, Love Island) to develop a bespoke go-to-market blockchain strategy.
Backed up with a powerful technology platform and world-leading expertise in all aspects of Web 3.0, including tokenisation, metaverse integration and construction, NFT marketplace creation and much more.
What are your responsibilities:
- Work with the Studio Director to ensure development practices and Studio coding standards are followed and optimised for our products and teams. Manage a programming team at technical and personal level
- Manage, mentor and nurture existing technical staff, lead by example
- Identify and propose additional technical staffing needs
- Ensure all technical aspects and processes are sufficiently documented for various use cases
- Strive for and motivate your staff to deliver the highest possible quality products
- Plan and direct the work of the Programming team
- Work with designers to implement gameplay, meta-systems and user interface elements to their specifications
- Liaise with Quality Assurance to investigate and fix technical issues and bugs
- Ensure stability of the various environments for the entire development team
- Work with Production to identify/track development risks and issues, providing mitigations and solutions
What skills/experience should you have?
- Strong Programming skills, proficiency in C#/C++
- Experience in working with Unity
- Experience in working with both client and backend server technologies would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent debugging and optimisation skills
- Enjoy working with people and helping to find solutions to issues collaboratively
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a keen eye for detail
- Be able to convey complex subjects of game development in a way that non studio staff can digest and understand
- Support and understand free-to-play and play-to-earn business models
- Be comfortable managing and inspiring team members with your natural leadership abilities
- Facilitate the team achieving their goals
- Remain cool, calm and collected when faced with issues
- Embrace and help others to embrace positive changes in the development process
- BE PASSIONATE ABOUT GAMES
- 5+ years experience in the Games Industry
- Shipped multiple titles in either a lead or senior role
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or the equivalent in experience
What can we offer you?
- Attractive base salary
- 25 days holiday
- Hybrid home/office working pattern
- Attractive benefits
Reality+ is committed to equal opportunities and we encourage a broad diversity of talent to apply for our roles.
We look forward to hearing from you.